Whitford Corporation manufactures the largest, most complete line of fluoropolymer coatings in the world. Matrix Coatings is a long time member of Whitford’s Recommended Coater Program and is well versed in the many coatings offered by Whitford. A Whitford Recommended Coater (WRC) member is a custom applicator that Whitford recommends to apply their high performance coatings. In order to be considered for this program, the applicant must meet stringent coating quality requirements set by Whitford.
Due to their extreme adaptability, these coatings offer a wide variety of benefits. They include:
- Low Coefficient of Friction (As low as 0.02)
- High Temperature Resistance (In many cases to 500°F)
- Outstanding Release Properties
- Superior Resistance to Wear and Abrasion
- Excellent Resistance to Chemicals & Corrosion
- Wide Operating Temperature Range
- UV & Thermal Stability (-420°F to 550°F [-250°C to 285°C])
- Outstanding Adhesion to Most Substrates
- Electrically Conductive and Static Dissipative Systems
- UL® Listings
- NSF Approvals
- FDA Conforming
Some of the Whitford coatings Matrix applies include:
Today, Whitford coatings are solving problems in many important industrial markets including: Plastics Extrusion, Automotive, Chemical Industry, Commercial Bakeware, Oil and Gas, Lawn & Garden, Pharmaceutical, Water/Wastewater, Military & Aerospace, Fasteners, etc.
Substrates that can be coated include: Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Steel Alloys, Titanium, Copper & Copper Alloys, Most Metal Substrates, & Glass.
Typical Application Process includes, removing any surface contaminants, abrading (typically via grit blasting), masking if required, application of the coating (conventional spray, electrostatic powder, or dip-spin), and thermal cure.
Please contact us for a recommendation of the Whitford Coating best suited to your specific application.